Saturday, July 19, 2014

Movin On Up!

We FINALLY got a king sized bed recently! I've waited for this for YEARS! I even registered and received two sets of king sized sheets at my bridal shower FOUR YEARS AGO! I know I shouldn't shout so much, but I'm just really dang excited!

We tried to stay under a certain budget, so at the time we were only going to purchase the mattress. The plan was to buy a bed frame and maybe make a head board out of some old doors we have. Well Charlie being the awesome husband that he is, not only helped me buy a mattress, but scoured Craigslist that week and found a bed for $400! Up until now we hadn't found a bed that we agreed on and any ones that we did like were in the $1500+ range. Yikes! At first I wasn't 100% sold on the bed, but Chuck said "we're getting it" and that was that. He was right and I'm so glad we bought it! I'm not sure how old it is, but it's real wood and it's been refinished. We bought it from Shabby Pickins if anyone is interested.

The bedroom looks a million times more put together now! We were sleeping on a 15+ (I know it's gross, don't judge!) queen mattress that I've had since high school and Charlie's bed that he's had who knows how long and it just wasn't our style.

It was super hard to get a good photo in that room, but here is the before and after for ya. I can't wait to get some updated nightstands and matching lamps, hang up some artwork and photos, and get my parents to bring down my Grandmother's cabinet that I have big plans for.

BEFORE:



Muuuuuuuuuch better AFTER:





No comments:

Post a Comment